2018/2019 Residential Snow Removal Terms
Scope of Services
1. Scope of Snow Clearing: Cleanr Snow will service the agreed upon locations when snow has stopped falling and has accumulated to a depth of 2.54cm (1”) or more. Cleanr Snow will not service customers while it is still snowing or when there are high winds causing drifting on walkways or driveways. Cleanr Snow will operate on the property 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and will clear overnight with shovels if necessary. Cleanr Snow will maintain its best effort to clear all agreed upon locations within 24 hours of the snow fall stopping – please refer to “6. Snow Storm Policy” for response times following a storm of 6” or more. Generally, all properties are cleared in 10 hours or less for small snow falls (6” or less), but we offer a 24 hour guarantee. Walkways and driveways will be cleared to their edges and to the pavement except where vehicle and pedestrian traffic have compacted snow. Ice scraping is available at an additional charge. Please refer to “3. Ice Prevention”.
2. Snow Drifts: Cleanr Snow will service the agreed upon locations when 2.54cm (1”) or more of snow drifts have occurred at their property in between snow falls and when requested by the customer. Cleanr Snow will not monitor for these conditions as each property experiences different wind patterns and snow drifts, so the customer must call in to (204) 960-0246 to request an additional visit.. These additional visits will be at no charge to the customer, with up to one(1) per month for free. These visits will be made by Cleanr Snow within 48 hours of the request. These visits do not stack month over month. More than one(1) visit per month will result in a charge equivalent to 20% of the monthly invoice total per additional call out visit. *Please note: you CAN use your snow drift call out for windrows caused by city plows going by.
3. Ice Prevention: Cleanr Snow does not offer any residential salting services. For ice scraping/chipping, please call the office at (204) 960-0246 to request an estimate.
4. Determining Snow Depth: The aggregate depth of snowfall and number of snow, ice, and/or mixed precipitation events requiring services will be determined in good faith by Cleanr Snow using published, third-party compiled meteorological data for that location or surrounding geographic areas. If the customer feels that the depth is deeper than what is specified by the third-party compiled meteorological data for that location or surrounding geographic areas, they may request additional clearings. Please refer to “Scope of Services 2. Snow Drifts”.
5. Parked Car Policy: Cleanr Snow will work around parked cars to the best of their abilities but not within three feet of the obstruction, so as to avoid damaging/scratching customers vehicles. Customers are encouraged to ensure that their driveway is clear of parked cars after snowfalls. Anticipation of Cleanr Snow is expected as email updates are sent out to the customer before servicing begins after each snowfall. Service calls to clean up leftovers from unmoved cars will result in a charge equivalent to 20% of the monthly invoice total per additional call out visit.
6. Snow Storm Policy: When snowfalls of more than 15.24cm (6”) are forecast, a “quick service” will be done. A quick service of MAIN PARKING AREA AND ONE ENTRANCE TO RESIDENCE will be cleared while snow is still falling in an attempt to allow customers to still pass through their driveway. Once the snowfall ceases, full service of driveway and steps/walkway will be done. The customer understands that during a Winnipeg winter, snowstorms are inevitable and most services slow down. For this reason, Cleanr Snow can not guarantee snow removal within 24 hours during or immediately following a major snow storm.
7. Christmas Eve/Christmas Day: When snowfall occurs on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, Cleanr Snow will make every effort to provide service as quickly as possible. However, since it is a major holiday and the majority of the country is off, our response time will not be as quick as usual. Service will resume as normal on Boxing Day (December 26th).
8. Snow Clearing Equipment: For light snow falls, Cleanr Snow crews will be using vinyl shovels, gas powered backpack leaf blowers, and small snow blowers. For heavier snow falls, larger snow blowers and a truck with a plow may be utilized.
Terms and Conditions
1. Payment: Payment will be accepted on a recurring basis, charged on the first business day of each month. If payment is not received by the first business day of the month, and a pre-authorized payment plan is not in place for the planned months of service, no service will occur until these two criteria have been met. NO EXCEPTIONS. Acceptable forms of payment are credit card on file. Payment is also accepted for the full season up front.
2. Limitation of Liability: Cleanr Snow will exercise reasonable care to avoid damage to pavement, curbs, trees, and shrubs. However, Cleanr Snow is not responsible for any: A) damage to landscaping caused by the piling of snow; B) damage to items that are snow-covered or not visible or left on snow covered ground by customer; C) damage caused by equipment when trees, shrubs and sidewalk areas are not reasonably delineated due to snow accumulation; D) personal injuries resulting from slip and fall accidents; and/or E) acts of God, including but not limited to extraordinary weather conditions.
3. Property Damage: The customer will report, in writing, any property damage caused by Cleanr Snow within 48 hours or said damage occurring. Cleanr Snow will repair any timely and properly reported property damage in the spring season following the snow and ice management program season in which the property damage occurred. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Cleanr Snow will have no obligation, and the customer waives any damages for any property damage not timely and properly reported.
4. Slips and Falls: Regardless if salt is used or not, the customer realizes that ice and slippery surfaces are a fact of winter and may exist in unexpected locations on the property, even after snow removal has occurred. The customer understands this very important fact of winter, and the customer waives Cleanr Snow of all liability of slips on the property, that may result in death, injury, or damage to any persons or property.
5. Indemnity: The customer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Cleanr Snow, and its officers, employees, directors, representatives and agents (each, an “Indemnified Party”), from and against any and all claims, losses, settlements, fines, liabilities, damages, deficiencies, costs or expenses (including interest, penalties and attorneys’ fees and disbursements) (“damages”) suffered, sustained, incurred or required to be paid by any such indemnified party due to, based upon, arising out of, in connection with, or otherwise in respect of:(i) the performance of the services contemplated hereby or otherwise as a result of any acts or omissions by the customer, its employees, agents, representatives and clients, (ii) failure by the customer to perform its obligations under this agreement, or (iii) enforcement of this paragraph. This paragraph shall survive the termination of this agreement.
6. CASL Act: The customer agrees to receive emails from Cleanr Snow in regards to snow clearing updates, marketing efforts, and any relevant information regarding the company.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. It hasn’t snowed much this year, will you be sending me a partial refund?
A. No. And we also don’t charge you extra when it snows every day! Our prices are based off of historical averages and some years it snows a lot and some years it snows very little. Consider it like snow insurance – it’s there when you need it!
Q. The crew missed a spot. What do I do?
A. Please call it into the office phone number at (204) 960-0246. Developing a log of what customers like to have done helps us to make sure it continues to get cleared! If you do not let us know at the office, the crews will continue to miss the spot you would like cleared. The office is the brain of the operation and should be your main contact point!
Q. Will the crew throw snow over my fence or push it across the back lane?
A. No. Cleanr Snow crews will not throw snow over fences and we will not shovel snow across back lanes or for unreasonable distances. If there is no space on your property to reasonably store snow, an in person estimate must be performed to assess what can be done to tackle the snow in the best way!
Q. My car was in the driveway and I was home but the crew didn’t knock on the door to get me to move it. How come?
A. The crews will work around parked vehicles to the best of their abilities (please refer to Scope of Services 5. Parked Car Policy). Crews will not knock on doors and ask you to move your vehicle, nor will they wait for you to suit up and come outside to move your vehicle. You are more than welcome to call us after the clearing is done and let us know when the car will be out of the driveway, so we can clear it’s spot!
Q. The snow stopped an hour ago, when will you be here to clear?
A. Clearing begins once the snow stops falling, 24/7. General clearing times are 6-8 hours for smaller snow falls. For medium snow falls, it can be 12 hours or so from the time the snow stops. For larger storms, we enact the snow storm policy and begin a rotation of clearing until the snow stops falling and all properties are cleared. You can trust that we don’t over book as we value customer satisfaction and aim to impress!